Photo via: whitelacecottage.com
You may also be interested in 🙂
- Why is my paint peeling? Did you just paint a piece of furniture only to see that the paint is now peeling on it? Heres why that happened.
- **These are custom designed and are made to order. They take 2-3 weeks to ship. If you need them by a certain date, please let us know so we can make accommodations. Love Grows Best In Little Houses Just Like This wood sign with frame (as shown) This sign is perfect for your farmhouse or shabby chic home! It is a great housewarming present or wedding gift. Sign is made with naturally aged, distressed reclaimed wood. It is stained, hand painted with white paint and black lettering, distressed and sealed so it will last for years to come. Unframed signs will come with sides stained. Dimensions are approximately 20 x 9 If you would like a variation in color or stain, please let us know and we can work with you to get the perfect look you are wanting! Thank you for visiting Boards and Burlap. If you have an idea and would like to create a custom sign, please let us know. We would love to create something for you! ************************************************************************ **Fine Print – Please Read** All of our signs are handmade; therefore each sign will be unique depending on the characteristics of the wood, distressing and hand application. We love the natural beauty wood has and therefore do not cut out any knots as we feel that allows the character of the wood to shine through. And because we use reclaimed wood, there may be holes or nails, which just adds to that perfect rustic look. No two signs are exactly the same- that is the beauty of buying handmade! All sizes are approximate. Your sign will be built within 1 inch of listed size. The number of wood planks may vary depending on size ordered.
- Use Mod Podge to prevent paint bleeding when using vinyl stencils. Great tip!!!
- How to Use Furniture Wax Correctly – There are a few things to know about how to use furniture wax as a clear coat on your painted piece. Whether you are painti…
- Decoupage and paint…..paper stripped not dipped legs decoupage stool. Try using paper instead of paint on furniture legs. I love the look of dipped legs but I wanted a little different look. I decoupaged wrapping paper on the legs of a bar stool. I didnt completely cover the legs and varied the length of the paper coverage on the legs. All details on the blog Petticoat Junktion decoupage furniture @hobbylobby @valsparpaint
- Distressing technique using milk paint and sanding with a wet rag
- How to Fill Nail Holes All you have to do is get a bar of white soap and scrub across the hole until it’s filled. This is a great tip for when you’re moving out of a house.
- Easy to follow tutorial on how to paint wood furniture. This tutorial also includes a list of must have items to help you create a gorgeous finished look.
- Last week on the blog, I shared a Rustic Tree Branch Desk DIY, that Brandon built and finished. The photos I took didnt quite show off the rustic, distressed finish like I wanted, so I am sharing some close up photos today of the finish as well as how we created a weathered wood gray finish. We tested out a few different combinations to get a more gray washed looked. Ultimately, we decided on using a combination of stain and white washed paint (paint mixed with water) to achieve a…
- How to paint laminate furniture in 3 easy steps! And a great source for gorgeous hardware at affordable prices!
- Cheap Decorating Ideas: A scrap piece of wood is transformed into a quaint menu-board with some chalkboard paint and vinyl letters. This not only looks great, but its extremely functional. With this menu board, everyone will always know whats for dinner. Menu Board Tutorial
- Picture frame cork board by Jinger White! Super easy to make. Choose any cute picture frame and cut a piece of cork board to whatever size the frame is. Put the cork board in place of the glass and youve got a super cute board to put your notes and pictures on. Great for the office!